A chopped chicken salad so craveable it redefines indulgence. Experience a multitude of texture and flavor in this delicious, can’t-get-enough-of-it meal, each bite as varied and exciting as the next. From the crunch of sweet potato chips and mixed spiced nuts, to cool, creamy avocado and a tangy, salty-sweet vinaigrette that ties everything together, this is one salad consumers will be wanting more of.
Vinaigrette | Serves 8
- 1 cup Cilantro, pakced, stems and leaves
- 1 tsp Frenchs ® Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsps Olive Oil
- 2 tbsps Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsps Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp McCormick Culinary ® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp McCormick Culinary ® Ginger, Ground
Spiced Nuts | Serves 8
- 2/3 cup Pecans
- 2/3 cup Peanuts
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 3 tbsps Sugar, divided
- 3/4 tsp Salt, divided
- 3/4 tsp McCormick Culinary ® Cayenne Pepper, Ground , divided
Chicken | Serves 8
- 1 pound (4 pieces) Chicken Thighs, skin on
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
To Assemble | Serves 8
- 4 cups Chopped Romaine Hearts
- 4 cups Chopped Kale, stems removed
- 2 Medium Avocados, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup Sweet Potato Chips, plain, coarsely crushed
- Place all ingredients in blender container; cover. Process on high speed until smooth. Hold refrigerated for service. (Vinaigrette will hold up to 2 days.)
- Heat oven to 300°F. Toss pecans and peanuts with maple syrup, 2 tablespoons of the sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and cayenne pepper; toss to coat. Spread mixture on parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Roast 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Mix remaining 1 tablespoon sugar, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and cayenne pepper. Remove nuts from oven and sprinkle with sugar mixture, tossing to coat evenly. Cool completely; roughly chop mixture and set aside.
- Mix 1/2 cup prepared vinaigrette and 1 tablespoon oil in bowl. Add chicken, marinate at least 10 minutes. Grill chicken thighs over medium-high heat until cooked through. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing. Serve immediately or hold refrigerated until service.
- Dress greens with the remaining 1/4 cup Vinaigrette. Serve topped with chicken and garnished with Spiced Nuts and sweet potato chips.
- Recipe type: Salads Lettuce Wraps and Side Salads
- Cuisine: North American
- Prep time: 15
- Total time: 25