A beautiful and delicious showcase of craveability through acidity, the traditional preparation of this hot-sweet-spicy-tangy salad is refreshing and addictive at the same time. Chock full of colorful vegetables, ground ginger, sweet mango, crunchy carrots and nuts, and a lively peanut dressing, it’s a hit from all angles.
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Cloves Fresh Garlic, very thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 tbsps Lime Juice, fresh
- 2 tbsps Palm Sugar
- 4 tsps Water
- 4 1/2 tsps Tamarind Pulp
- 2 tsps McCormick Culinary ® Ginger, Ground
- 2 tbsps Thai Kitchen ® Premium Fish Sauce
- 2 tbsps Cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 2 tsps Fresno Chile, fresh, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Green Mango, cut into thin matchsticks (about 2 firm, unripe mangoes)
- 1 1/2 cups Matchstick-cut Rainbow Carrots (about 6 medium carrots)
- 3/4 cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup Peanuts, roasted, chopped
- 2 tbsps Scallions, sliced on a bias
- In skillet over medium heat, heat oil until shimmering. Add garlic, spreading into an even layer. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned and very crispy, turning halfway through cooking. Remove with slotted spoon. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- In a bowl, combine lime juice, sugar, water, tamarind and ginger. Whisk vigorously until well blended. Stir in cilantro and chilies. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine mango, carrots, tomatoes, peanuts, and scallions. Add dressing, tossing to mix well. Cover and refrigerate until service. Stir in fried garlic just before serving.
- Recipe type: Sides
- Cuisine: North American
- Prep time: 15