Created by Markham, Ontario busy bee Chef Laura Buckley, get guests buzzing about your fall menu with this sweet citrus-drizzled appetizer. Seasoned with seven different McCormick spices in a savory Baharat seasoning, you’ll get to zest your guests with fresh peppered asparagus drizzled in freshly squeezed orange juice mixed with honey, and zests of orange and lime. Top with golden halloumi and diners will be calling “hail to the chef!”
For the Citrus-Honey Drizzle:
- Whisk together honey, orange zest, orange juice, lime zest and lime juice.
For the Roasted Asparagus:
- Spread asparagus on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil (1 tbsp) and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in 400°F oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until tender.
For the Baharat Seasoning:
- Mix together mint, oregano, coriander, cumin, paprika, pepper, cardamom and nutmeg. Store leftover seasoning in airtight container.
For the Halloumi:
- Coat both sides of halloumi slices with Baharat seasoning.
- Heat remaining tbsp of olive oil in skillet set over medium heat.
- Add halloumi and cook for 2 minutes per side or until golden.
- Lay asparagus spears on plate. Top with halloumi and spoon citrus-honey drizzle over top.
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: America