Tart and floral at the same time, an Herbes de Provence simple syrup plays off the aromatic notes of this spiked lemonade to deliver a simple yet complex refreshment that is very easy to love.
This recipe is featured in the Everyday French Trend of the Flavor Forecast 23rd Edition. Explore more Flavor Forecast recipes here.
Herbes de Provence Simple Syrup | Serves 4
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsps McCormick Culinary® Herbes de Provence
Lemonade | Serves 4
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Herbes de Provence Simple Syrup, room temperature
- 1 cup Elderflower Liqueur
Herbes de Provence Simple Syrup:
- Bring water and sugar to boil in saucepan until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in Herbes de Provence. Let steep 15 minutes. Strain through fine mesh sieve. Cool to room temperature.
- Mix water, lemon juice and Simple Syrup in large pitcher. Hold refrigerated for service.
- Stir Lemonade concentrate. For each serving, fill large cocktail shaker with ice, 7 ounces Lemonade concentrate and 2 ounces elderflower liqueur. Shake vigorously 30 seconds.
- Pour lemonade into ice-filled 12-ounce glasses and garnish with a sprig of fresh thyme and a twist of lemon, if desired.