Chickpeas and sweet potato make up this burger – the ultimate in meatless mains. Rubbed with Mojito Lime seasoning, it’s packed with on-point flavors of summer. Tuck grilled burgers into pita bread and dress with grilled kale, heirloom tomato and creamy grilled corn topping. Over-the-top tasty!
For the Chickpea Burger Patties:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice sweet potatoes in half lengthwise, and place cut side down on a foil lined sheet tray. Bake until fork tender, about 20 minutes.
- Place oats, sweet potato and chickpeas in the bowl of a food processor; cover. Process until coarsely ground. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Grate the zucchini and place in a cloth or paper towel to squeeze some of the liquid out.
- Add zucchini, cilantro, and 1 Tbsp Mojito Lime Seasoning to the chickpea burger mix; gently fold into the mixture. Form mix into 6 patties. Refrigerate 1 hour.
For the Grilled Corn Topping:
- Grill corn over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until corn is tender and lightly charred, turning occasionally. Cool slightly. Cut corn kernels off cob. Mix corn kernels and remaining Corn Topping ingredients in medium bowl. Cover. (Set aside while finishing burgers.)
For the Grilled Chickpea Burgers & Grilled Kale:
- Brush both sides of chickpea patties lightly with oil. Mix remaining 1 Tbsp Mojito Lime Seasoning and brown sugar in small bowl. Coat surface of each patty evenly with the rub mixture. Grill chickpea burgers over medium-high heat about 3 minutes per side or until burgers are golden brown with grill marks and heated through. Grill kale leaves until lightly wilted.
- Serve burgers in pita breads with grilled kale, tomato slices and grilled corn topping.
For a small side salad, chop up the grilled kale, heirloom tomatoes and mix together with the corn mixture.
This recipe makes 6 burgers.
- Recipe type: Burgers Tacos and Sandwiches
- Cuisine: Californian
- Prep time: 35 minutes
- Total time: 50 minutes total/25 minutes cook
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 450
- Sodium: 610 mg
- Carbohydrates: 54 g
- Protein: 11 g