Flavorful vegetarian taco using Cholula® Street Taco Chile Pepper Carne Asada Seasoning for a little kick.
Serves 50 (2-tacos each)
- 46 cups (18 1/4 pounds) Black Beans, canned, low sodium, drained
- 1 cup (1 pack) Cholula® Chile Pepper Carne Asada Seasoning Mix
- 16 cups (4 1/4 pounds) Bell Peppers and Onions (USDA Commodity), diced
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) Cholula® Green Pepper Hot Sauce
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) Salsa , low sodium
- 8 cups (2 quarts) Water
Taco Build | Serves 50 (2-tacos each)
- 100 each Whole Grain Tortilla, 6-inch
- 6 1/4 cups (12 1/4 ounces) Lettuce, shredded
- 6 1/4 cups (2 1/4 pounds) Tomato, small dice
- 6 1/4 cups (1 1/2 pounds) Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Set oven to 375°F. On a flat top, sauté peppers and onion until caramelized and tender. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse half of black beans until roughly chopped, about 12 times.
- In a 6-inch deep, full hotel pan combine pulsed black beans, whole black beans, sautéed pepper and onions, hot sauce, salsa and water. Mix until ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Cover with foil and bake for 10-15 minutes or until an internal temperature of 155°F has been reached. Hold hot for service.
- For each tortilla shell, fill with 1/2 cup of bean mixture and top with 1 Tbsp of lettuce, 1 Tbsp of tomatoes and 1 Tbsp of cheese.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 388 Calories, Total Fat 8g, Saturated Fat 1.7g, Cholesterol 8mg, Sodium 872mg, Carbohydrates 59g, Fiber 14g, Total Sugars 4g, Protein 20g
- Recipe type: Burgers Tacos and Sandwiches