Not your ordinary meat and potatoes dish with the spicy warmth from Cholula® Chili Garlic Hot Sauce.
Braised Short Ribs
- Set oven to 325°F. In a heavy bottom roasting pan over high heat, add oil and heat until simmering. Sear short ribs on all sides.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onions, carrots, and celery. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Deglaze with beef stock. Add both hot sauces, demi-glace, tomato paste, coriander, garlic. Whisk until ingredients are fully distributed and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and place in oven until short ribs are fork-tender. Hold hot for service.
- In a pot add boniato and with cold water. Salt appropriately and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer until very tender. Drain well and return to pot.
- Add butter, cream and salt. Mash until smooth. Fold in chopped parsley until evenly distributed. Hold hot for service.
- For each serving, plate 1 1/2 cups mashed boniato and top with 2 braised short ribs.
- Cover with 1/4 cup braising liquid and garnish with 1/4 cup potato sticks. Serve hot.
Boniato is a white sweet potato. If unavailable typical sweet potatoes are a perfect substitute.