This light and fresh recipe stars matcha-spiced baked cod paired with spinach almond pesto and a fresh tomato and cucumber salad. Hints of white balsamic vinegar, lemon peel, and matcha lend balance to a quick and wholesome fish dinner.
For the Cod:
- Mix vinegar, oil, lemon peel, thyme, and sea salt in small bowl until well blended. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the marinade for the salad. Place cod in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add remaining marinade; turn to coat well. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
For the Pesto:
- Place spinach, almonds, oil, water, vinegar, 1 teaspoon of the matcha blend, sea salt, pepper, and garlic powder in food processor or blender container; cover. Process until well blended and smooth. If pesto is too thick, blend in an additional 1 to 2 tablespoons of water until smooth.
For the Cod:
- Remove cod from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Place cod in large shallow foil-lined baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon matcha blend and additional salt and pepper, if desired. Bake in preheated 350ºF oven 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
For the Salad:
- Mix tomatoes, cucumber and reserved 1 tablespoon marinade in small bowl; toss to coat well.
For the Main Recipe:
- Spread pesto evenly on each plate. Top each with a cod fillet. Spoon tomato salad over cod.
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: Asian
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 360 cal
- Sodium: 340 mg
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Protein: 23 g