Pork tenderloin glazed in a spicy miso marinade is paired perfectly with charred scallions and a Japanese Seven Spice seasoned rice. This recipe features our new Global Blends Japanese 7 Spice Seasoning.
Spicy Seasoned Rice
- Cook sushi rice according to package instructions. While rice is cooking combine rice vinegar, sugar, salt, and Japanese Seven Spice until sugar and salt have fully dissolved.
- Once rice has cooked, fluff with fork and allow to cool slightly. Gently mix in vinegar mixture until well distributed. Hold warm for service.
- In a bowl whisk together mirin, sake, orange juice, red miso paste, brown sugar, ginger, Japanese Seven Spice, and garlic powder. Reserve 1/4 of mixture.
- Pour remaining mixture and 1/2 cup water into a saucepan. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low and simmer until reduced by half. Remove from heat, cool completely and hold refrigerated for service.
- Divide reserved miso mixture in two. Place pork portions in one half and scallions in the other. Toss to coat each well, cover and refrigerate for service.
- Set grill to medium high and oven to 325°F. For each serving, grill one portion of pork until well marked on all sides. Transfer to a sizzle platter. Brush with red miso glaze and roast in oven until reaches an internal temperature of 120°F. Brush with additional glaze and return to oven and cook until pork has reached desired final temperature. Remove from oven and brush with additional glaze. Allow to rest.
- While pork is roasting, grill 2 miso seasoned scallions until charred. Slice pork and serve with charred scallions over 3/4 cup seasoned rice. Plate as desired and garnish with extra Japanese Seven Spice.
Complete this meal by pairing the pork and rice with this Grilled Bok Choy Salad with Spicy Ginger Dressing.
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Prep time: 10
- Total time: 10