Pork tenderloin glazed in a spicy miso marinade is paired perfectly with charred scallions and a Japanese Seven Spice seasoned rice. This recipe features our new Global Blends Japanese Seven Spice Seasoning.
Spicy Seasoned Rice
- Cook sushi rice according to package instructions. While rice is cooking combine rice vinegar, sugar, salt and Japanese Seven Spice until sugar and salt have fully dissolved.
- Once rice has cooked, fluff with fork and allow to cool slightly. Gently mix in vinegar mixture until well distributed. Hold warm for service.
- In a bowl whisk together mirin, sake, orange juice, red miso paste, brown sugar, ginger, Japanese Seven Spice and garlic powder. Reserve 1/4 of mixture.
- Pour remaining mixture and 1/2 cup water into a saucepan. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low and simmer until reduced by half. Remove from heat, cool completely and hold refrigerated for service.
- Divide reserved miso mixture in two. Place pork portions in one half and scallions in the other. Toss to coat each well, cover and refrigerate for service.
- Set grill to medium high and oven to 325°F. For each serving, grill one portion of pork until well marked on all sides. Transfer to a sizzle platter. Brush with red miso glaze and roast in oven until reaches an internal temperature of 120°F. Brush with additional glaze and return to oven and cook until pork has reached desired final temperature. Remove from oven and brush with additional glaze. Allow to rest.
- While pork is roasting, grill 2 miso seasoned scallions until charred. Slice pork and serve with charred scallions over 3/4 cup seasoned rice. Plate as desired and garnish with extra Japanese Seven Spice.
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Prep time: 10
- Total time: 10