Ready for a recipe so good, you’ll be tongue-Thai’d? Look no further than these must-have Grilled Shrimp Wraps from Pai Northern Thai Kitchen and Kiin’s Chef Nuit. Served with a McCormick Lemon ’N Herbs-spiced salsa within a leaf of fresh Boston lettuce, these shrimp servings are marinated in trusted, savory flavors, including summer seafood favorite Thai Kitchen Fish Sauce. Add cooked vermicelli, sliced jalapeños and voila! Taste bud-topping Thai for all.
For the Grilled Shrimp:
- Cut each in half, lengthwise, through the middle. Rinse under cold water, drain and pat dry.
- Add Thai Kitchen Fish Sauce (1 Tbsp), McCormick Culinary Cajus Seasoning and McCormick Culinary Basil Leaves to the shrimp to marinate. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Skewer the shrimp halves onto bamboo sticks.
- In a medium cast iron pan, add a little bit of canola oil over medium heat. Grill shrimp skewers for about 5-8 minutes, turning frequently and basting with leftover (unused) marinade.
- Set aside.
For the Salsa:
- In a medium bowl, add Thai Kitchen Fish Sauce (1 Tbsp), McCormick Culinary Lemon 'N Herbs Seasoning, cilantro, mint, red onions, watermelon and mango.
- Toss to mix and set aside.
For the Vermicelli Noodles:
- Soak vermicelli in room temperature water for about 10 minutes.
- In a medium pot over high heat, bring water to a boil. Add vermicelli noodles to cook (according to the package) about 1-2 minutes.
- Drain and run under cold water. Set aside.
- In a leaf of Boston lettuce, add a tablespoon of cooked vermicelli, a grilled shrimp, a spoonful of salsa, some jalapenos and serve.
These wraps make an easy shrimp and noodle salad, simply chop the lettuce and follow all of the other preparation instructions.
Makes a great noodle bowl too with an optional garnish of a chiffonade of Boston lettuce.
- Recipe type: Salads Lettuce Wraps and Side Salads
- Cuisine: Thai