A Mexican-inspired cheese sauce with flavors delivered from Cholula® Chile Pepper Carne Asada Seasoning Mix.
- In a heavy bottom pot, over medium heat melt butter. Add onions and cook until caramelized.
- Add flour and Cholula Chile Pepper Carne Asada Seasoning Mix. Stir and cook to make a roux.
- Slowly add milk, whisking to thicken. Use a rubber spatula scraping the bottom and sides of the pot to avoid burning.
- Remove from heat and add cheese. Stir until cheese is fully melted. Hold hot for service or refrigerate for later use.
This sauce is a perfect dip for tortilla chips and can be used to smother burritos, chimichangas and nachos.
For nice visual and flavor appeal finish this queso with a drizzle of Cholula® Original Hot Sauce.
- Recipe type: Sauces Condiments and Spreads
- Cuisine: Latin American