The flavors of Spain come to life in a smooth and creamy roasted red pepper sauce blended with smoked paprika and Marcona almonds. Versatile romesco is spreadable–think burgers and crusty, toasted or plancha-style bread–as well as dippable–think grilled chicken, vegetables and seafood.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in small skillet. Toast bread until golden brown, turning once.
- Place bell pepper, tomato, and garlic in food processor or blender container; cover. Process on high speed 30 seconds. Add almonds, toasted bread, seasonings and vinegar. With center part of cover removed and blender running on medium speed, gradually add oil until just blended. Cover blender completely. Blend on high speed until smooth.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to blend flavors or until ready to serve.
Store sauce in tightly covered container in refrigerator up to 1 week. This versatile sauce can be served on plancha grilled meats, chicken, seafood, vegetables, and burgers or as a spread on toasted bread.
- Recipe type: Sauces Condiments and Spreads
- Cuisine: Spanish
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 119 cal
- Sodium: 83 mg
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Protein: 1 g