An Indian-inspired drink featuring a lemon-turmeric cordial, apricot liqueur, whiskey, ginger juice, and grapefruit bitters. Recipe Credit: Monica Saxena @ aRoqa.
Turmeric & Lemon Cordial | Serves cordial = 3 cups | drink = 1 serving
- 1 tsp McCormick Culinary ® Black Pepper, Whole , whole
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Lemon Juice, fresh
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1/3 cup Turmeric Root, peeled, rough chop
Marigold & Smoke Cocktail | Serves cordial = 3 cups | drink = 1 serving
- As needed Ice
- 1 3/4 oz Blended Whiskey , such as Great King Street Artist Blend
- 1 1/4 oz Turmeric & Lemon Cordial
- 2/5 oz Apricot Liqueur , such as Giffard Abricot du Roussillo
- 1/4 oz Smoky Whiskey , such as Ardbeg
- 1/5 oz Ginger Juice
- 2 dashs Grapefruit Bitters
Turmeric & Lemon Cordial
- In a spice grinder blend black peppercorns and salt until finely ground.
- In a pot over medium heat combine ground black pepper and salt, lemon juice, sugar, and turmeric root. Bring up to 190F and remove from heat. Submerge in an ice bath to cool completely.
- Transfer cooled mixture to a blender and blend for 1 minute. Strain through fine-mesh sieve, discarding solids. Hold refrigerated for service.
- For each serving, fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add blended whiskey, turmeric & lemon cordial, apricot liqueur, smoky whiskey, ginger juice, and grapefruit bitters. Shake vigorously.
- Fill desired glass with ice. Strain drink into prepared glass. Garnish with an orange and yellow flower. Serve chilled.