A frozen, mousse-like dessert topped with spicy candied almonds delivers the perfect balance of rich, chocolate flavor and a kiss of Frank's RedHot® Nashville Hot Seasoning heat.
- Line 9x5-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving a 3-inch overhang on all sides.
- In small saucepan, mix 1 1/2 cups heavy cream and cinnamon sticks. On low heat, simmer 5 minutes to infuse cinnamon. Turn heat off; steep for 10 minutes. Chill immediately.
- In large bowl, mix chopped chocolate, espresso powder and Frank's RedHot® Nashville Hot Seasoning. Set mesh strainer over bowl; set aside.
- In medium heat-safe bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla and hazelnut liqueur until combined; set aside.
- In small saucepan, heat 1/2 cup cream over medium heat until simmering. Gradually whisk hot cream into egg mixture until combined. Return mixture to saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly until sugar has dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Return mixture to saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly until sugar has dissolved, about 3 minutes. Immediately pour mixture through strainer set over chocolate. Let stand to melt chocolate. Whisk until chocolate is melted and smooth. Let mixture cool completely.
- Using stand mixer with a whisk attachment, beat cinnamon-infused cream and remaining 1/2 cup of heavy cream on medium speed until soft peaks.
- Whisk 1/3 of whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Using rubber spatula, fold remaining whipped cream into chocolate mixture until incorporated.
- Fold dark chocolate shavings into the chocolate semifreddo mixture. Transfer mixture to prepared loaf pan. Fold plastic wrap over surface. Freeze at least 6 hours.
- Set oven to 350°F. On a lined 1/2 sheet pan, arrange almonds. Roast for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk sugar, hot water, salt, and Franks Nashville Hot® Seasoning together. Transfer hot roasted nuts to sugar mixture; toss to coat.
- Spread nuts on same 1/2 sheet pan. Bake until nuts are crispy, dry and glossy, about 10 minutes. Cool completely. Chop if desired and set aside to top Semifreddo.
- Remove semifreddo from loaf pan; remove plastic wrap.
- Slice semifreddo 3/4-inch thick, transferring slices into individual serving plates. Wipe knife clean after each slice for a clean cut.
- Top with hot candied almonds. Serve immediately.
- Recipe type: Desserts
- Cuisine: North American
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 620
- Sodium: 297
- Carbohydrates: 38
- Protein: 9