Original Base BBQ Sauce
Made with thick, rich tomato paste for exceptional cling and coverage and without starches or fillers, Cattlemen’s® Original Base BBQ Sauce is the perfect foundation for creating your own signature sauces. For more than 50 years, Cattlemen’s® has set the standard for quality and performance with legendary taste and a formula built exclusively for foodservice professionals.
• Cattlemen’s® Original Base BBQ Sauce is the ideal base in any signature sauce you craft, featuring a delicately spiced blend of thick, rich tomato paste and tangy vinegar for authentic, world-class BBQ flavor.
• Cattlemen’s Original Base BBQ Sauce is made with the finest, ripe tomatoes, harvested at their peak of freshness from only the best tomato growers.
• Our 5-gallon pail is conveniently extendible by up to 20% and ideal for creating large batches of house-made sauces.
• Built exclusively for foodservice, Cattlemen’s® provides thick tomato paste for better coverage and cling and no starches and fillers to prevent burning.
• Cattlemen’s Original Base BBQ Sauce is kosher, vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free and contains no starches, fillers, caramel color, peanuts, tree nuts, eggs or soybeans.
• For unmatched cling and coverage, use Cattlemen’s Original Base BBQ Sauce in recipes for ribs and brisket along with sauces for salads, seafood and more.
Serving and Menu Suggestions
Cattlemen’s® Original Base BBQ Sauce is the perfect speed scratch solution for operators looking to create their own signature BBQ sauce. Try blending with these ingredients:
• Chopped dark cherries, brown sugar, French’s® Classic Yellow Mustard, garlic, French’s® Tomato Ketchup and jalapeno pepper for a sauce that perfectly complements pork, duck and chicken
• Frank’s RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce and McCormick Culinary® Smoked Paprika for a delicious hot sauce for ribs
• Buttermilk ranch for a delicious dipping sauce for wings and fries
• Honey, garlic, chopped onion, diced jalapeno, brown sugar and Frank’s RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce for a sweet and spicy complement to pulled pork
• Liquid smoke, brown sugar, powdered tomato puree, honey, McCormick Culinary® Ground Cumin and French’s® Worcestershire Sauce and marinade as a finishing sauce over pork and beef
Patrons continue to demand signature sauces, and Cattlemen’s® is built with this in mind. All Cattlemen's base sauces are ready-to-use as a base and make it easy to create your own custom sauces. Cattlemen’s® Original Base BBQ Sauce works great as a plus-one ingredient - try mixing 1 cup of Original Base BBQ with 1 tablespoon of Lawry's® Chipotle Cinnamon Rub for a quick and delicious house-made Chipotle Cinnamon BBQ sauce.
Cattlemen’s® Original Base BBQ Sauce pail is shipped and stored at ambient temperatures and has a shelf life of 9 months. Protect product from freezing and store with lid tightly closed at room temperature to reduce the risk of contamination and maintain maximum product quality. Refrigeration after opening is recommended to maintain optimal flavor.