Everyone already loves the exciting flavors of Montreal Steak Seasoning, it's a classic! But wait...this time we've paired it with a childhood favorite: tater tots. And for one more twist, we took this dish and combined two dishes that everyone loves, nachos and tater tots to bring you our Montreal Steak Totchos! Taste buds everywhere rejoice!
For the Montreal Skirt Steak:
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. In a medium bowl, toss steak with oil and Montreal Steak Seasoning, Reduced Sodium. Grill to desired doneness, allow to rest for at least 5 minutes. Halve, then slice against the grain to create small strips for totchos.
For the Tater Tots
- Preheat fryer to 350F. Fry frozen tater tots according to instruction on bag. Once fried, place into a large bowl and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon Montreal Steak Seasoning, Reduced Sodium, until evenly coated.
For the Assembly & Bake of the "Totchos"
- Pile half of the tater tots in a full hotel pan or other metal/oven safe dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese and half of the steak. Top with remaining tater tots and repeat sprinkling of cheese and steak. Bake until cheese has melted.
For the Seasoned Sour Cream Dip
- While the totchos are in the oven, in a small bowl combine sour cream, chili powder and garlic powder. Transfer to a small serving dish and reserve for serving.
For the Garnishes & Serving
- Once the cheese has melted, top totchos with diced tomatoes and scallions. Serve hot with seasoned sour cream for dipping.
This makes a great shareable appetizer or small plate tapas style. Why not feature it as a side with your favorite burgers and sandwiches?!
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 680
- Sodium: 1290 mg
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Protein: 28 g