A savory avocado toast topped with smokey BBQ chicken featuring Stubb's® Smokey Mesquite Legendary Bar-B-Q Sauce.
- Set oven to 375°F. In a bowl toss chicken with Cattlemen's Cowboy Rub until fully coated.
- Arrange thighs on a rack over a sheet tray. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165°F, basting with first listed Stubb's Smokey Mesquite Bar-B-Q Sauce intermittently until a glaze has formed, discard any remaining sauce.
- Cool slightly and slice each thigh into 6 pieces. Hold hot for service or cool completely and reheat when needed.
- For each serving, in a sauté pan on medium high heat melt 1 1/2 teaspoons butter with 3/4 teaspoon oil and toast 1 slice bread on each side until golden brown.
- Top toast with 1/2 cup of shredded cheese and place under salamander until cheese has melted.
- Fan out 6 slices of BBQ chicken over top of cheesed toast. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon remaining Stubb's. Top with enough avocado curls to cover chicken, roughly 7-8. Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon lime zest, salt, and pepper.
- Finish toast with 1 tablespoon each sliced Fresnos, scallions, and cilantro. Serve warm.
Avocado curls are a fun way with create visual appeal for a typical avocado toast. Curls are easiest to cut with a peeler when avocados are under ripe.
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: America
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 340 cal
- Sodium: 500 mg
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Protein: 24 g