This twist on a dirty martini derives its unique flavor from the layers of black pepper that come through from start to finish, starting with the infusion of black pepper into the sherry, and ending with a note of black pepper bite in the garnish. Balanced by the unique combination of sherry and gin, along with herbal infusions of rosemary and tarragon, this innovative savory cocktail will surely please.
For Sherry Spice Infusion
- Add Whole Black Pepper, Dried Rosemary Leaves, and Fresh Tarragon to iSi charger canister with Manzanilla sherry.
- “Double Charge” canister with two cartridges of nitrogen for infusion of spices into Gin.
- Using a double strainer, remove herb and spice particles.
For Stuffed Olives with Black Pepper Marcona Almond Butter
- Saute Marcona almonds with sea salt, thyme, black pepper.
- Puree with a dash more black pepper until you have the consistency of creamy almond butter.
- Pipe black-pepper almond butter into green olives.
- Add three olives to skewer for final assembly.
For Final Drink Assembly
- Mix 1 part infused gin, 2 parts sherry, and stir with ice in crystal beaker.
- Strain with julep strainer into martini glass.
- Garnish with Stuffed Olive skewer.
Infusing spices into beverages: It is possible to quickly infuse spice and herb flavor into base spirits through an iSi charger. Load canister with base spirit, and chosen spices and herbs. Double charge with nitrogen cartridges to quickly pressurize contents and infuse additional flavor into drink. Strain out spices and herbs, but retain all the flavor.
- Recipe type: Beverages
- Cuisine: New American
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes