A Grill Mates® Vegetable Seasoned Eggplant Burger, lightly fried with a panko coating, confit tomato and Stingin' Honey Garlic® aioli.
- Set the oven at 400°F. In a bowl combine mayonnaise and Stingin' Honey Garlic Sauce. Whisk until well mixed. Hold refrigerated for service.
- In an appropriately sized hotel pan combine tomatoes, oil, garlic, and first listed amount of vegetable seasoning. Tomatoes should be submerged in oil. Roast the tomatoes for 1 hour. Cool and drain tomatoes from oil. Reserve oil and hold tomatoes hot for service, or cool completely, hold refrigerated and reheat for service.
- In a saute pan over high heat add 2 tablespoons oil from confit tomato and saute the mushrooms until they are well browned. Set mushrooms aside. hold hot for service, or cool completely, hold refrigerated and reheat for service.
- In a bowl combine breadcrumbs, second listed amount of vegetable seasoning, and rosemary until well mixed. Set up standard breading station with a container with flour, one with egg wash, and one with the seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Dredge eggplant slices in flour, then dip in the egg, and finally the breadcrumbs to coat. Repeat with remaining eggplant. Place on rack over a sheet tray and hold refrigerated for service.
- Set fryer to 375°F. For each serving, fry 1 slice of breaded eggplant. Top with 2 slices mozzarella cheese and place under broiler until mozzarella is melted. Set aside.
- Toast 1 brioche roll. Spread 1 tablespoon of honey garlic mayonnaise on both the heal and crown of roll. Place 1/4 cup of confit tomatoes on heal of roll. Top with prepared eggplant. Finish with 1/4 cup sauteed mushrooms and 1/4 cup mixed greens. Finish with crown of roll and serve warm.
This dish is a great vegetable alternative to a beef burger.
- Recipe type: Burgers Tacos and Sandwiches