A double-layered fudge that pairs tart dried cherries with the savory saltiness of pistachios and both semi-sweet and white chocolates. A touch of hot red pepper add an unexpected heat, making these unforgettable.
This recipe was developed for the Flavor Forecast: Looking Back to Look Forward.
- Prepare a half sheet tray with parchment. In a bowl over a saucepot of simmering water, melt semi-sweet chocolate fully. Add first amount of sweetened condensed milk and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and red pepper. Pour mixture onto prepared sheet tray and spread fudge to fill pan in an even layer. Sprinkle pistachios over top and gently press into fudge. Refrigerate to set.
- In a bowl over a saucepot of simmering water, melt white chocolate fully. Add second amount of sweetened condensed milk and stir to combine.
- Remove semi-sweet chocolate fudge from refrigerator. Top with white chocolate fudge and spread evenly. Sprinkle chopped cherries evenly over the top and gently press into fudge. Refrigerate to set.
- Remove fudge from pan and cut with a sharp knife warmed with hot water. Hold refrigerated until needed.
This item packs and stores well. Wrap and offer as a grab-and-go item, or serve plated as a delicious sweet option.
- Recipe type: Desserts
- Cuisine: North American
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 310
- Sodium: 65 mg
- Carbohydrates: 38 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Fiber: 1g