You’ll be bacon diner’s crazy combining their two top meaty loves on your hot menu; bacon and BBQ ribs, that is! Coated with cumin, coriander and brown sugar these fall-off-the-bone ribs are sure to be a BBQ fan favorite! Serve with cilantro leaves, extra sauce and Chef Alex Edmonson’s special pickled dragon fruit creation for that extra seasoned edge.
For the Bacon Seasoned BBQ Ribs:
- Combine the salt, brown sugar, maple bacon wing seasoning, cumin and coriander.
- Evenly coat the rack of ribs with the spices and massage into the meat. Set aside to cure for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, set oven to 250 F. Wrap ribs in foil and place in oven. Cook for 3 hours or until the meat is falling off the bone.
- Cool at room temperature. Once cooled, place into fridge. Once fully chilled, portion individual bones.
For the Pickled Dragon Fruit:
- Begin by making the pickling liquid. Combine the water, vinegar, salt and sugar together and bring to a boil.
- Peel off the skin of the dragon fruit and dice into 1/3 inch squares.
- Place fruit into a container. Pour the pickling liquid over the fruit and let sit for 1 hour.
- Once cooled transfer into fridge.
- Grill ribs on BBQ on medium high heat for 2-3 minutes per side. Using a brush, later sauce on all sides and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves, pickled dragon fruit and a side of extra sauce if desired.
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: Barbecue