This is the perfect savory roasted turkey feast for playoff and holiday football. The Frank's brine and basting sauce bring the flavor of 'Buffalo' to the celebration. Pair this with Frank's infused Turkey Gravy and Apple Blue Cheese Stuffing.
- In a stockpot, combine water, honey, salt, thyme and sage. Simmer to dissolve salt.
- Remove from heat, add ice, and Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce. Stir until the ice has completely melted.
- Remove giblets and neck from turkey carcass. Submerge entire turkey in brine. Refrigerate for 12 to 14 hours.
- Set oven 275°F. In a bowl combine softened butter and Frank's RedHot Seasoning until evenly distributed.
- Remove turkey from brine and rinse very well. Pat dry.
- Gently seperate skin from breast meat. Carefully spread half the seasoned butter evenly between skin and breast meat. Smooth to eliminate air pockets.
- Rub the entire turkey thoroughly with oil.
- Place turkey on a rack in a roasting pan and roast until the breast reaches 155°F and the thigh reaches 160°F, roughly 2 hours. If turkey browns too much cover with foil.
- Increase oven temperature to 325°F . Baste turkey completely every 15 to 20 minutes with remaining seasoned butter.
- Once turkey has reached an internal temperature of 160°F in the breast meat and 165°F in the thigh meat, remove from oven and allow to rest. Debone meat from carcass and service as desired.
Use carcass & pan drippings to make stock. Deglazing the roasting pan to fortify the stock is a great way to build flavor.
When making a stock for gravy, reserve some to keep hot (190°F to 200°F) and drizzle over sliced meat at service. Serve with Frank's RedHot® Turkey Gravy and Frank's RedHot® Blue Cheese Stuffing
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 4 hours plus 12 to 14 hours in brine.