So. Clucking. Good. Leave a hole in your menu for the addition of Chef Emily Chapman's "Mole" Style Pulled Chicken. Coated in Canola Oil plus McCormick Coriander Seed and Cumin Seed, everyone in town will be crossing the road for this delicious chicken filler. Servable in taco shells, slider buns or with your feature slaw!
For the Pulled Chicken:
- Coat chicken in spices and oil, roast on low heat (around 325F) until about 75% of the way cooked and is still slightly pink in the middle.
- Drain remaining juices from the chicken pan and reserve.
For the Sauce:
- On high heat roast the red onion, garlic cloves and all chili pods, until they gain color.
- Add coriander, cumin and sunflower seeds until aromatic and slightly toasted.
- Add tomato puree. Allow tomato to partially evaporate over high heat and begin to caramelize. Deglaze with vinegar.
- Add onion, garlic and spice mixture to a pot. Add the residual chicken drippings with chocolate and dried fruit. If not covered add water until just covered. Bring up to a simmer.
- Using a blender or immersion blender, blend until smooth.
- Pour sauce over the partially cooked chicken, and co and continue to cook in a low oven (250F/300F) until completely braised. Pull chicken and allow to absorb sauce.
- Serve in either taco shells or slider buns and with your favorite slaw!
Makes a great topping for nachos on your appetizer or bar menu!
Try it on your luncheon menu: in your quesadillas, tortilla wraps or "rice & bean" bowls!
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: Contemporary American