Served over a bed of basmati rice and Piri-Piri sauce, hungry patrons will be scrambling to experience the new tastes of Old Mill’s Chef Martin Buehner’s Mozambique Chicken and Shrimp Curry. Seasoned with McCormick Culinary® Curry Powder, Paprika, Ground Cinnamon, Perfect Pinch® Garlic and Herb Seasoning, and a half-cup of Thai Kitchen® Coconut Milk, your customer’s tastebuds will earn their spice stripes as they take on this sense-tingling tiger shrimp entrée.
For the Mozambique Chicken and Shrimp Curry:
- Combine curry powder blended with the garlic and herb seasoning, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, and lemon juice.
- Toss the chicken and shrimp separately in the curry mixture and marinate for at least ½ hour.
- In a medium sauce pan heat the oil until just beginning to smoke. Add the chicken and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes until nicely browned on all sides. Add the shrimp and continue to sauté until they turn reddish-pink. Remove the chicken and shrimp from the pan.
- In the meantime, boil the basmati rice in 1¾ cups water with a pinch of kosher salt. Once cooked, set rice aside and keep warm.
- Reduce the sauce pan heat to medium and add the onions to the pan and cook until onions are begging to brown slightly.
- Add the garlic and red pepper and cook until garlic aroma is obvious.
- Add the bird’s eye chili peppers, paprika, thyme, parsley, chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, coconut milk, and chicken stock and cook out until the sauce is a semi-thick consistency.
- Return the chicken and shrimp to the pan and cook until chicken in fully cooked.
- Serve over basmati rice in a large pasta bowl with some Piri-Piri sauce.
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: African