The Sirloin Cap is so trendy, it sometimes uses an assumed name, Coulotte, to avoid selling out. It takes well to smoke, so in this dish the cut is liberally rubbed with Grill Mates® Brown Sugar Bourbon Seasoning before spending 45 minutes in the smoker. It’s accompanied by sweet potatoes glazed with Cattlemen’s® Kentucky Bourbon BBQ Sauce.
- Preheat smoker to 225°F. Generously rub beef Coulotte Roast with Grill Mates® Brown Sugar Bourbon Seasoning. Smoke roast on top rack 45 minutes. Remove roast; cool 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place roast, fatside up, in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of roast, not resting in fat. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 350°F oven 30 minutes for medium rare.
- Meanwhile, combine potatoes, salt, pepper and oil in medium bowl; toss to coat. Place on aluminum foil-lined, shallow-rimmed baking sheet. Bake in 350°F oven 15 to 25 minutes or until just tender. Set aside to cool.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare.)
- Place potatoes on grid over preheated gas grill. Grill potatoes on all sides. Glaze with Cattlemen's® Kentucky Bourbon BBQ Sauce.
- Thinly slice roast; keep warm. Place sliced roast on bed of wilted greens; serving with glazed sweet potatoes.
Courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: North American
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 629
- Sodium: 4966 mg
- Protein: 55 g
- Fiber: 10 g