This winter, take your diners’ taste buds on a flavor holiday with Delta Hotel Executive Chef Keith Pears’ Tuna Poké! Topped with salsa fresca, avocado, scallions and micro cilantro, this dish is served with a quarter pound of cubed tuna per plate, marinated in a dressing mix of gluten-free soy, rice vinegar, jalapeno, garlic seasoning, sesame oil and sambal. Guests can also enjoy its complimentary side of squid ink chips, spiced through use of tapioca and Thai Kitchen® Fish Sauce.
For the Salsa Fresca
- Grill fresh corn. Remove husk and cut kernels off. Set aside 4 Tbsp. of corn for salsa (discard remainder). Let corn cool down.
- Mix all vegetables together and then add in finishing seasoning.
- Set aside and let marinate overnight to allow the ingredients to marry together.
For the Squid Ink Chips
- Bring water to a boil and add your Parmesan cheese, salt and fish sauce.
- Add tapioca and cook until the pearls become clear and soft.
- Strain and rinse in cold water.
- Transfer in a mixing bowl and fold in squid ink until tapioca is completely coated.
- Prepare a sheet tray with a silpat mat.
- Transfer tapioca on the silpat mat and spread using a large off-set spatula. Dehydrate at 170°F for 5-6 hours until dry. Fry at 400°F. Set aside.
For the Tuna Poke Dressing
- Puree all ingredients together in Vitamix or blender. Ensure there is an even consistency.
- Set aside and let sit for 24 hours to allow the ingredients to marry together.
For the Tuna
- Cut your tuna into little cubes and marinate with dressing.
- Plate marinated tuna in the middle of the bowl and top with salsa fresca. Continue to top with avocado, radish, scallions, toasted sesame seeds and micro cilantro and serve with squid ink crackers.
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: Japanese