A nostalgic take on beloved cereal milk, this smart twist on Newstalgia puts the trendy mixology technique of milk washing to delicious use. Add cinnamon square cereal milk to a mixture of warming spices, tea, apple cider, and bourbon, to experience a complex, richly textured cocktail that truly takes happy hour to the next level.
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Add tea bags; steep 3 minutes. Remove and discard tea bags. Set aside.
- Place cinnamon sticks, cloves, coriander, and star anise in spice grinder (or clean coffee grinder). Pulse until coarsely ground. Place tea, spice mixture, and all remaining Cocktail Base ingredients in cambro, stirring to mix well. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
- In a saucepot, bring milk to a simmer. Add cereal and ground cinnamon to hot milk, stirring to combine. Remove from heat and let cool. Transfer to Cambro. Hold refrigerated.
- Once both liquids are chilled strain orange pekoe tea base through fine mesh strainer into Milk Clarification Liquid. Let mixture stand at room temperature without stirring for up to 1 hour (mixture will begin to curdle within a few minutes).
- Strain clarified drink through fine-mesh strainer lined with a coffee filter (this may take several minutes). Hold clarified cocktail refrigerated until service.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, vigorously shake 4 ounces (125ml) cocktail mixture per serving. Strain and garnish with whipped cream and crushed cinnamon cereal.
- Recipe type: Beverages
- Cuisine: North American