A traditional savory stuffing with flavors of sage, and granny smith apples.
Prep | Serves 12
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 cups Onion, 1/4" dice
- 1 1/2 cups Celery, 1/4" dice
- 1 tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp McCormick Culinary ® Sage, Rubbed
- 2 tsps McCormick Culinary ® Poultry Seasoning
- 1 1/4 tsps Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp McCormick Culinary ® Black Pepper, Table Grind
- 2 cups Granny Smith Apples, cored, peeled, 1/2" dice
- 5 cups Bread, 1/2" dice, lightly toasted or dried
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups Turkey Stock, hot
- 1/2 cup Parsley, chopped
- Set oven to 350°F. In a heavy bottom pot over medium heat melt butter. Add onion, celery and garlic. Sauté until tender.
- Add sage, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper and mix well. Add apples and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl combine diced bread with apple mixture. Add stock and parsley. Fold to combine until liquid is fully absorbed.
- Spray a 2" hotel pan and fill with stuffing mixture. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until stuffing reaches 165°F and top is crispy.
- If serving in portions, hold hot and portion as desired.
- If serving as to-go option, cool completely and portion into oven-safe to-go containers as needed. Send with reheat instructions as: Preheat oven to 350°F. Bring stuffing to room temperature. Cover with foil and bake until heated through to 165°F, about 30-40 minutes.
- Recipe type: Sides
- Cuisine: North American