We've taken one of Mexico's most iconic street eats and transformed it into this "delicioso dip," that creates a "come-one-come-all," craveable sharing plate for this super trendy and trending flavor profile.
For the Roasted Corn Cobs:
- Place corn cobs until a broiler or salamander, rotating occasionally, until corn begins to brown and char. Remove from heat source and cool. Once cooled remove corn from cob.
For the Elote Corn Dip:
- In a medium sauce pan heat cream cheese and chicken stock over medium heat until cream cheese has melted. Add roasted corn, mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, seasonings, salt and red onion. Stir until combine and warmed through. Add 1/4 cup of cotija cheese and cheddar. Stir until melted.
- Transfer to desired serving dish and place under a broiler or salamander until golden brown and bubbling. Top with remaining cotija cheese.
For Plating, Garnishing & Serving:
- Serve hot with tortilla chips.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and slivered scallions if desired.
This recipe makes 4 shareable servings.
Why not try our elote dip served over your Mexican inspired grilled chicken entree?
Our elote corn dip makes a "cheese sauce" atop your menu's loaded nachos too!
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: Mexican
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 560
- Sodium: 790 mg
- Carbohydrates: 43 g
- Protein: 12 g