This spicy take on a classic wedge salad with the unique flavors of OLD BAY® combine for a delicious and comforting salad.
OLD BAY® Hot Sauce Candied Bacon
- Set oven to 350°F. In a bowl combine brown sugar and OLD BAY® Hot Sauce, set aside.
- Lay bacon out in a single layer on a wire rack over a parchment lined sheet tray. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and brush one side with OLD BAY® Hot Sauce sugar mixture.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven, flip, and brush other side with remaining sugar mixture. Bake until bacon is crispy and sugar mixture is caramelized.
- Cool completely and roughly chop, leaving some larger pieces. Set aside until service, or cover and refrigerate until needed.
Old Bay® Hot Sauce Spiked Blue Cheese Dressing
- Place all ingredients in the pitcher of a blender. Blend on high until fully mixed and smooth. Cover and refrigerate until service.
- For each serving, plate one quarter wedge of lettuce on center of plate. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of halved tomatoes and 1/2 cup chopped bacon. Drizzle with 1/4 cup of spiked blue cheese dressing. Garnish with 1 tablespoon each scallions and blue cheese crumbles. Serve chilled.
Both the Old Bay® Hot Sauce Candied Bacon and Spiked Blue Cheese Dressing are great for other dishes, such as candied bacon on burgers or in grilled cheese, and offering the spiked dressing for various salads.
- Recipe type: Salads Lettuce Wraps and Side Salads