Cholula® Green Pepper Hot Sauce delivers the authentic flavors of jalapeno and poblano, in this traditional Mexican comfort soup.
- Set oven 350° F. Season chicken thighs on both sides with rotisserie seasoning. Roast to an internal temperature of 165° F. Reserve rendered fat. Cool chicken and pull.
- In a heavy-bottom stockpot, over medium heat add reserved chicken fat. Add garlic and scallions and saute until fragrant.
- Tear the first amount of tortillas into pot and cook until lightly toasted.
- Add hot stock, tomatoes, cumin, and bay leaf. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, and cook until tortillas have broken down.
- Add pulled chicken and Cholula Green Pepper Hot Sauce. Stir to distribute. Hold hot for service or cool and reheat as needed.
- For each serving, ladle 1 1/2 cups soup into a warm bowl. Garnish with 2 teaspoons cilantro and 1/4 cup tortilla strips. Serve hot.
- Recipe type: Soups Stews and Bowls
- Cuisine: American Regional